Thursday, 28 June 2012

Here are some more photos of both my bouquet and my sisters courtesy of Juliet McKee photography © click here for her website  

Sunday, 24 June 2012

I am now married and finished my bouquet with the help of my Husband :)

Unfortunately my hands became numb due to a condition called Myelitis and I had to halt all of my wedding crafts and enlist help! Enter Dave, who made around 80 pearl stems to finish the shape off for me. Thank you babe.

Other updates coming soon which cover the other things I made for my wedding. For now here is a professional picture taken by my very talented wedding photographer, Juliet McKee.

To see the rest of the wedding photos which include more of the bouquet, my sisters button bouquet and the rest of my crafts go to:

Tuesday, 17 January 2012

I've spent all evening making the dreaded pearl stems, only 50 to go! hehe
I made them longer this time and also didn't bother with the floral tape, I'll tape them when I group them into twos and threes.

I also took daylight pictures of the beginnings of the bouquet :-)

Front centre - top of teardrop

top right - needs filling out with pearls

top left - same

how the underneath looks - the handle is really strong due to all the floral tape and wire which is a relief!

soon to be attached, this is an odd earring which was donated to me, looks like a vintage bouquet for mice though doesn't it?

My evenings work, just a couple of hours slowly in front of the telly Crafter beware - this takes loads more time than you could ever imagine :-)
But if craft relaxes you like it does me then you'll be fine.

Monday, 16 January 2012

Constructing the bouquet

At last. Today was my last day off work due to recovering from an operation so I spent most of today working at my bouquet and also my sisters which I began working on last week.

I have decided on the centrepiece also so I have begun building the bouquet around it with ALOT of floral tape. I am so glad I made separate, short pearl stems because I'm finding that I need 1's, 2's and 3's to fill in gaps. I want a pearl seperation between all the pieces I've collected as you'll see in the pictures.

I have run out of bare (silver) wire, my pre-made short pearl stems and the floral tape is running low so after re-stocking on Wednesday I plan to get back to making more stems and arranging.

This is my sisters bouquet started, thank you to for donating these they're absolutely beautiful :-)
Just need to get more silver wire to do the rest of the buttons

Two individual pearl stems twisted onto a longer wire
The Stanley brooch shape was that awkward that I decided to attach some pearls to that stem,.
Put a button behind this one so you can't see the wire B-)
Stanley brooch is the centre, you're looking at the beginning of the top of what I hope to be a teardop shape. Will take daylight pictures when I've done more because the flash isn't the best when your photographing shiny things!

Another update sooner, I hope! Thank you and please leave a comment if you read but do not follow so that I know I'm not talking to myself ;-)


Tuesday, 3 January 2012

Due to Christmas chaos I hope you can understand the delay! I haven't managed to work on my bouquet but have been desparate to!

I've found, collected and have been given some beautiful new sparkly pieces to go on so for now, I'll list them here and I hope to get cracking again in the next few days. Group shot to begin...

I've got alot of work to do!

Friday, 2 December 2011

Been busy these past two evenings! The first evening I attached, twisted and floral taped about 40 faux pearls it took soo long but I found it quite theraputic (I wonder how long that will last!)

I'm finding it far easier to pre-stretch the floral tape

Finished :-)

Then the next evening I took a while attaching some heavier brooches with about 3 pieces of folded wire and did some easy clip on earrings too. It was harder to do the straight earrings becaust there's nothing to thread through so you have to twist around as best you can and use lots of floral tape to keep it secure - clip on's are your friend!

Some more pictures:

The unbeliavably heavy brooch!

Passing the droop test :p

My evenings work

That's all for now :-)

Monday, 28 November 2011

Well.......I have stopped for cups of tea and a beautiful Fish Finger sandwich, I have watched 4 episodes of Friends - however I started my crafty work this evening at 5pm and stopped at 10pm. It was actually quite theraputic - oh except when I'd have my eyes on the TV for that long that in a lapse of concentration I've started twisting in the opposite direction and I've undone the whole stem *hits self on head with craft pliers* :-)

What took so long were the dismantled pearls which I used my silvery white wire for. It's a bit too fine, it doesn't bend or twist very well and it kind of unravels if you don't keep the pressure but it'll do for now until the 24 gauge in that colour arrives.

Some pictures of tonights progress:

I can definitely use a thicker wire here

They're short stems for now because no doubt I'll want them clustered around so I can make longer stems with two or three shorter stems on each when I'm arranging the bouquet in it's final stages.
My sister gave me this ring, it is beautiful and quite heavy! So the way I have wrapped the wire around here, I did once again because the stem failed the droop check :-P
My nights work! I did the other clip on "crown" earring, the two shell heart buttons, a couple of buttons from the 300 I got on Ebay, the faux pearls and the big heavy ring - I'm exhausted but happy.